Dog Training Business Pathway
Start your very own doggy day care business
If you love canines, and want to work for yourself, you won’t find a better or more helpful way to go about it. In this course you will learn how to care for pet dogs, the theories behind training them, and the basics of starting your own business. Alongside practical experience, this could be your first step in starting a dog related business, such as; boarding kennels, dog walking dog and sitting and doggy daycare.
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready.
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
~400 Hours | 18 Months Access
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Start your very own doggy day care business
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just €999
Or from only €25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Learn the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
- Learn at your own pace online
- Expert tutors to help you all the way
- The Career Academy donates a portion of all course proceeds to ISPCA
The Dog Training Business Pathway comprises the following courses;
- Introduction to Dog Care
- Canine Biology
- Dog Health Part 1
- Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- Dog Breeds
- Dog Behaviour and Training
- Other Dog Services
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
- Starting Up
- Preparing your Business Plan
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Planning for Profit
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Understanding VAT
- Financial Statement Analysis
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 01 437 8559 or email them at email@example.com
This course costs €999 or only €25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Dog Trainer. These jobs in Ireland earn approximately €31,140 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.