ANCI1017 – Dog Training Business Pathway
Do you want to start a Dog Training Business?
If you love canines, and want to work for yourself, what could be better than owning your own dog related business? In this course you will learn how to care for pet dogs, the theories behind training them, and the basics of starting your own business. Alongside practical experience, this could be your first step in starting a dog related business, such as; boarding kennels, dog walking dog and sitting and doggy daycare.
Fantastic for dog owners, dog breeders, dog groomers, dog trainers, dog therapists, dog walkers, pet sitters, dog boarding or kennel assistants, pet shop assistants and pet rescue attendants. Combining the Certificate in Dog Care with the Certificate in Dog Psychology & Training, coupled with the Start Your Own Business modules as well as Practical one to one Tuition, this course is ideal for anyone wanting to start their own doggy daycare business.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
Investment: €999 or from only €25 a week on our interest FREE payment plan!
Assessments: 27 modules / 27 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Pre-requisites: None. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Duration: ~300 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Dog Care modules
- ANCG149 – Introduction to Dog Care
- ANCG114 – Canine Biology
- ANCG125 – Dog Health Part 1
- ANCG126 – Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- ANCG131 – Dog Breeds
- ANCG124 – Breeding
- ANCG123 – Dog Behaviour and Training
- ANCG137 – Grooming
- ANCG154 – Other Dog Services
Dog Psychology & Training modules
- ANCG153 – Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- ANCG115 – Canine Senses and Communication
- ANCG172 – Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- ANCG112 – Canine Behavioural Development
- ANCG113 – Canine Behavioural Disorders
- ANCG106 – Basic Dog Training Principles
- ANCG127 – Dog Obedience Training
- ANCG122 – Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- ANCG171 – Training Working Dogs
Start your own Dog Training Business
- ANKI201 – Starting Up
- ABKG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKIG185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKI113 – Understanding VAT
- ABKI189 – Financial Statement Analysis
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Animal Care graduates regularly start their own businesses. Graduates have also been employed in various animal care businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Pet Shop staff member
- Animal Trainer
*Students will need to gain practical exprience not offered by The Career Academy to obtain Animal Trainer & Groomer positions.
Careers Portal Ireland state that the foreseeable future, the employment Animal Care-related roles is expected to increase. The current jobs in demand are Veterinary Assistants, Veterinary Technicians and Animal Hospital Assistants. The salary ranges for Animal Care related work is between €20,000 – €34,000 per year.
Sources: AAT, Pay Scale Ireland, CPL Jobs Ireland
What our students say about this course
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Eden (Pet & Animal Care Tutor)
I am finding the material in this course very helpful and most interesting. The best part is the positive feedback and support that I have received from my tutors Rachael and Eden. Can’t wait to study something new.
Rachel (Pet & Animal Care Tutor)
Really enjoying my course. The feedback is great. My tutor Rachel is wonderful and always there if I need her. I’m working on my last assignment now and considering taking another course.
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!