PSCI1015 – Certificate in Youth Development and Counselling
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents?
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
You will also learn more general psychology which can be applied to people of all ages, or focusing on specific areas for counselling. You can study this flexible course in your own home and at your own pace, and you will have support from our experienced and highly qualified tutors.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Learn about the counselling process and how to talk to people and children about their problems
- Advance your career by improving your communication and people management skills
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to adolescents
- Enrol to the three courses together with this bundle and save money!
Investment: €499 or from only €25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Courses: 3 courses, one at a time.
Assessments: 28 modules / 28 assignments
Duration: Approximately 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified counsellors with many years working experience.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete with the option to extend if necessary.
PSCU1001 – Child Psychological Development
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Child Psychology
- PSCG214 – The newborn infant
- PSCG204 – States and senses of the infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions
- PSCG110 – Cognitive development
- PSCG156 – Language development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation
- PSCG197 – Sexuality & Morality
PSCU1014 – Adolescent Psychological Development
- PSCG151 – Introduction
- PSCG159 – Life Crises
- PSCG177 – Physical Development
- PSCG147 – Intellectual Development
- PSCG127 – Emotional Development
- PSCG198 – Sexuality
- PSCG199 – Social Development
- PSCG168 – Moral Development
- PSCG102 – Adolescents and the Transition to Adulthood
PSCU1003 – Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning specific counselling skills
- PSCG161 – Listening and bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing beliefs and normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending the counselling
This Youth Counselling Course is for
Anyone working in schools, youth work, child and adolescent counselling, child psychology or other caring roles. It will also be of great interest to parents and those who deal with children or teenagers.
★★★★★ – “I really enjoyed my course, it was readable, appropriate and furthered my knowledge like I wanted. Thank you Career Academy.”. –Najiha Syeda
★★★★★ – “The tutors are awesome they give great feedback on assignments, they are so efficient. They mark assessments in a timely manner so you are not waiting too long for results or for resits.” – Charlotte Kahukiwa
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Katie (Psychology Tutor)
I’m very happy with Career Academy.My tutor Katie McBain always give me a fast and detailed professional feedback of my assignments.
Thank you Katie.
Bess (Psychology Tutor)
My tutor Bess is always encouraging, supportive and i love her feed back especially when she encourages me to eloborate my answer to a question, she helps me have another go. I so appreciate her positive criticisms which helps me grow in understanding. The online course and material is easy to surf and understand. Brilliant CustomerCare with the help box, prompt and very communicative. I'm already utilized some of the teaching. Thank you everyone from The Career Academy studing is another opportunity for me to grow and open new doors career wise. 😎🤗😁
Louise (Psychology Tutor)
I am loving my course so far it has alot more content than i thought it would the assinments are challenging the tutors have been great (louise) gives great feedback and lets you know on areas you need to improve on or have done well on overall i am very happy with the course
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!