Certificate in Mental Health
Here is a highly instructive online course that enables you to understand the signs, symptoms and possible treatments of adult mental health problems. This Career Academy Course is absolutely ideal if you are just entering the sector or have some experience in community services. It also covers prevalent issues of drug and alcohol addictions and the available treatments and recovery support. It’s a invaluable course where you’ll gain a real understanding of mental health issues and learn the practical skills in helping those in need.
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
~110 Hours | 6 Months Access
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Understand Mental Health
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just €499
Or from only €25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Delivered by a Psychology & Mental Health specialist
- You’ll learn how to provide recovery support for those affected by mental health issues
- Get a great understanding of the signs, symptoms and possible treatments of adult mental health problems
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to people with mental health issues
- This course is fully flexible. You can complete it online in your own time, at your own pace
- This course can provide a pathway for future study
The Certificate in Mental Health comprises the following 10 modules;
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Helping Yourself and Others
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Suicide Risk & Intervention
- Recognise & Respond to Domestic Violence
- Aged Care and Support Services
- Psychotherapeutic and Pharmacological Treatments in Mental Health
- Ethical Responsibilities of Mental Health Professionals
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
This course costs €499 or only €25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 110 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Counsellor. These jobs in Ireland earn approximately €72,376 per year but can be as high as €90,000 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.