Administration Pathway – Medical Reception
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
~400 Hours | 18 Months Access
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Become a Medical Receptionist
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just €1,499
Or from only €25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Become a Certified Medical Receptionist and gain advanced administration skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a medical environment.
- Work with professional and experiences tutors to be able to master medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Gain a practical understanding of the most commonly used accounting software (Xero)
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Grasp the principles of verbal and written communication in the business environment.
- Work in a supportive, collaborative environment with your experienced tutors and other students.
- Prepare for managerial and top-tier administrative roles.
- Our online course can be completed anywhere, at a time that suits your schedule
The Administration Pathway – Medical Reception comprises the following courses;
Effective Business Communication
Office Ergonomics & Data Entry
Introduction to Microsoft Word
Role of a Receptionist
Medical Reception Service Skills
Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
Maintain Patient Records
Effective Business Communication
Introduction to Microsoft Word
Using Microsoft Excel
Workplace Health and Safety
First Aid and Medical Emergencies
Customer Relationship Management
Introduction to Medtech Evolution
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- ADMG164 – Customer Service Strategies
ADMG107 – Customer Relationship Management
ADMG108 – Customer Service Skills
ADMG188 – Organise Schedules & Meetings
ADMG148 – Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
ADMI127 – Workplace Health and Safety
ABKI202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKI152 – General Journal
ABKI153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ADMG114 – Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
ABKI103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKI217 – Accounting with Sage and Quickbooks
MGTG119 – Introduction to Project Management
MGTG109 – Establishing Timelines and Milestones
MGTG138 – Project Implementation, Completion and Evaluation
CITG138 – Using Microsoft Excel
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 14-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 01 437 8559 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course costs €1,499 or only €25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Medical Receptionist. These jobs in Ireland earn approximately €28,275 per year but can be as high as €32,845 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 01 437 8559 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 14 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.